Tuesday, February 8, 2011

1 week until D- Day!!!

  1. Ok so here is the thing. I am not a writer. I was always told to write but was also told that I was mediocre at it. I am creating this blog so that I can keep in contact with my friends at home and keep you all up to date on my adventures. If somehow you found this blog in an attempt to find a 26 year old hottie on the eastern hemisphere, how's it going? My name is Scott. One day I was serving a table of high schoolers at a local restaurant in the Coachella Valley and thought to myself, there has to be something else I can do while California fixes itself. A couple of hours online and I was hired to teach English in South Korea. I will be completely honest, my emotions have been changing by the hour as soon as I signed that contract. Right now I am nervous. Nervous that I might be missing out on opportunities in America. Nervous that I made to spontaneous of a decision. Nervous that I didn't dvr Glee tonight! But that is why I am here. I am here to share my thoughts with all of you and hopefully you can experience this unbelievable opportunity with me. I will post videos and pictures of this remarkable land and in return I will feel that I am not giving up on all of the amazing people I have at home. So I leave exactly a week from now and fly non stop to Seoul from Los Angeles. I am just praying they have good in flight movies. I spend a week in Busan at the National University for orientation. The orientation timeline goes from 9:00 am until 10: 00 pm everyday for 9 days!!! by the way 9:00 am until 10:00 pm American time is roughly 2: 00 am- 3:00 pm the day before. That is right when it is Thursday in America it is Friday in South Korea. I hope that I can meet some amazing people to help with the monotony of an orientation week that just sounds awful to me. Well I am about to go to bed. 1 week until the start of an amazing journey! It is so Amazing that I will add a picture of me freaking out. 



P.S. My friend Wes just informed me that this picture might be the "least gay picture" I have ever taken...YAY FOR ME.   
(You can imagine me jumping in the air during that last line if you wish)

5 comments:

  1. You're a better writer than you think, but this busy background makes it a little hard to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment and the tip...changed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Caitlin.. You are definitely a better writer than you give yourself credit for. Look forward to reading more about your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *too spontaneous (But this is so awesome. Best of luck, teach!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As much as I know you love being spontaneous, spontaneous means doing something without planning...

    You can write fine man, the most important thing is to tell the story you have to tell in a compelling way (of course thats what makes great writers great, but just practice it over the next year.)

    The difference between "I had a turkey sandwich today." and "I went to the swankest cafe today and had the most amazing turkey sandwich. They piled it high and used a crazy chipotle sauce."

    ReplyDelete